So...My first question for everyone is...Will you PLEASE let me know what you think about my latest survey question I posted? Thanks!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful holidays!!! We did. Hope you enjoy the pictures!! This first picture is a favorite of a few of my friends at work. As such I've posted it first. I was out in a field waiting for the sunset on my hour long lunch break (that feels like forever sometimes or too short at others) and took this picture. The colors were very nice and I want you to know that nearly all the pictures had nothing done in photoshop (besides the watermark). Thats a new thing for me as there always seemed to be something I needed to fix before.


This picture was a taken on my way back from taking a sunrise picture. It kinda goes with the whole stick thing so I put it here at the top.


This has to be one of my favorite pictures of a sunrise. I was driving to work New Years Eve and saw the sunrise. I was almost at work and knew that anything nearby would allow for nice pictures. I stopped as quickly as I could and was very happy with what I found. I took a few pictures and then ran back to the car and to work. I'm glad that I leave a few min early or I wouldn't have been able to get this picture. (its currently set as my wallpaper on my computer). Since I've been out of school and had a chance to take pictures instead of doing homework. Too bad I start school again next week. Hopefully I can still get a chance to get take pictures as often as I have really enjoyed it. I hope everyone has a hobby/career that they enjoy like this. These next pictures are of sunrises and sunsets.

I like this tree but it was hard to get a picture of anything that I liked of it as there was too much in the city near it. It almost feels a bit busy and wouldn't mind getting people's thoughts on it.
Alanna and I were walking the dog at the parkway and I saw this tree. I really like the tree and wish I could have had the sun positioned at another location as it would have showed off more of the tree. I still liked it and will be going back sometime to take a picture at a time when the tree can have the lighting that I am looking for (this was midday and I think it would be a good tree to use in a sunrise/sunset as it would give me the better angle on the tree and is set in a great location for nice pictures.

With an hour lunch at work I've begun to run outside and take a few pictures (at least until next week when I start school again). I took this picture right before I saw a fox and tried to catch up to it (or at least a spot I could get a decent pic even with my 300 mm lens). All I ended up with was a shoe full of snow and no sight of the fox. I guess thats probably because I stopped to take this picture.

Although it looks like it is the sky in the background it is actually a little river. It was way still and the picture turned out nice. I don't think it would have seemed as nice to me if I didn't know it was a river in the background.
aded to work one day after a storm and decided to snap a quick picture. I liked the way it turned out.
When I got lost in the snow chasing after a fox (which I lost in the process and couldn't get a good picture as I didn't have a telephoto lens with me). I decided to take a few pictures. This seemed somewhat simple but there is something about it that I really like.
It was getting pretty dark outside and I decided to play with the flash. I took this picture of the plant as I was walking inside and was impressed with how it turned out.
It was snowing and I wanted to get a picture of the oak trees on the road I live on with the snow on all the branches. It was dark and I didn't have my tri-pod with me. I tried and it didn't turn out. This leaf waiving in the wind got my attention so I turned on the flash and took a pic. I liked the way you can somewhat see the snow flakes falling. It was kinda cool.
I was taking Bella for a walk one morning and saw ice right next to my car in forms I've never really seen before. I went back in, let the dog roam around for a few min (eat her food) and ran out and took a few pic's and then ran back in to take care of the pup. I thought i t turned out really cool. (different but cool).


It almost looks like this bird is just standing on wayer. But...it was way too cold outside for it to be water. I still liked the way it turned out. Even with my 300 mm lens I couldn't get any closer than this to the bird. I guess that's what happens when it's in the middle of the pond (taken at murray park)

This picture was taken from a distance and was before I could sneak up on her. She saw me and immediately started trying to run to me. It happens all too often.
A bit of snow on the nose and a stick. That's about what we'll see from her every time we take her outside on a walk.

ATTEN HUT!!!
We got Bella a dog bed and the first night we knew it was the right buy. Look at how she laid on it. Oh she is a cutie.
This was one of the first nights of having her as our puppy and she was tired and had too much fun with the toys. I had to get a picture of her with her rope toy.

Don't forget the survey!!! Thanks again!!!

Comments

Jen said…
Love the pictures Mikey. I was looking through them and I noticed that you have already developed your own definitive style. Very awesome. And your pics look great- especially getting them pretty much like that straight out of camera!
Mike Ketcham said…
Thanks Jen. I definitely have my own style which I think everyone does. I guess that's what sets everyone apart. I've been reading up a bit more on different styles and things that the photographers look for. Recently been reading a book by John Shaw called "focus on nature" where he just explains what he looked for in the picture and what he did to go about taking them. It's been nice.

Got a quick question for ya. I've got a friend who wants me to take a few pictures (around 5) for her after her wedding so she can use them as a memory. She's having a really small wedding and isn't having anyone take pictures for her besides the few afterward. I'm still new at things and just starting to get my license. What did you start out charging when you first started out? What do you charge now? Just trying to get an idea. Hope the holiday's went well. Did the girls enjoy their christmas gifts? What about you and daniel? Anything special that you guys got?

I got my camera (a bit early) and Alanna got the puppy. I think at times she regrets it because Bella (our puppy) is a ton of work but we both know when she starts behaving a bit more she'll be a great dog.

For the other side of things...we are going to go see about getting pre-approved for a house tomorrow so we can start looking. I think one house we will be looking at is in West Jordan and we were approved for more than that amount last year...but we decided to wait and see. I guess we'll have to see how this year's searches go. Hopefully we find the right place for us. I'll keep ya posted. Maybe we'll all be neighbors (you guys, Ryan/Malissa, and us). That'd be fun.

Popular Posts