Antelope Slot Canyon - AZ

Here are my pictures from Antelope Slot Canyon in AZ. This slot canyon is on Navajo land and the only way to make it to the canyon is to pay for a tour. I'm glad I decided to go. It was quite the experience. Some of these pictures can be decieving, as there were a lot of people in the canyon. Some of these pictures I had to set up the tripod and wait some time to have no-one in the frames. I feel it was worth the wait. I had such a hard time deciding which one/s I liked the best so I included quite a few. . I'd be interested to hear which pictures are your favorite/s! Hope you Enjoy!


Landscape View


This view shows how wide the canyon is at it's widest point. It's not very wide and at parts you almost have to bump bellies in order to get past other people (and there were lots of people). I love how it puts everything else into perspective.


Finding Shapes

While taking pictures it was pointed out to me that there were different shapes in the lighting in the rocks. I saw birds in the first 2 pictures. The third picture had a bear pointed out to me...I couldn't see it at first. The only way I could see it was to actually take a picture and then look at it in the camera. Can you see the bear? Hope it's easier for you than me. There may be other shapes in my work but I haven't necessarily had that as the main point of the work.

Rays of Light


One of the main attractions for many of the visitors to the canyon are these beams of light that come through the slot of the canyon for 10 mintes or so. It's hard to find a clearing to get a picture without people in them. Thats the way it is though. These first 2 pictures are of the same beam but completely different angles. I love them both. The Ray's of Light add another dimension to the already amazing shapes, colors, and light that enter the canyon.


Colors, Shapes, and Light


Here are a few of my more favorite pictures that are just of the shapes and colors from the canyon. I ended up with way too many to choose from because of the extended time I had in the canyon.

Comments

Popular Posts