About Me and Name Change

Photography is my passion. It has taken years to develop the skills by continued dedication and focus to quality and learning.  While working 60+ hours a week and going to school full time I dedicated time weekly to go on a nature photo shoot.  My understanding of my camera, lighting, editing, and creativity all stem from that continued effort to gain the skills needed to be a professional photographer.
All too often in Utah a person calls themselves a photographer because they've invested in expensive equipment and think that it's the equipment that makes a quality photo.  I've learned that there is so much more to a photographer than just the equipment.  A professional finds a way to open up his subjects to capture a moment.  The professional is patient, knowledgeable, and is focused on the small details that many others forget about.
I love to make people smile and laugh. A natural smile or laugh is what truly captures a moment.  Yes, I can get that perfectly posed photo of a family or I can capture the more fun moments like a silly string fight (I instigated and the family loved).  It's all about working with you.
It is my mission to make sure that you enjoy your time with me so that the captured memories aren't a reminder of a stressful day/moment but rather a carefree and fun moment.
Hummingbird Photography got its name after much thought. A tribute to my grandfather.  As an example and major part of my life he taught me how to enjoy the little things. Even when he was sick and couldn't get around much he would find ways to make those around him smile.  His example of living life and loving others has an impact on me still today (almost 20 years since his passing) and is the reason for dedicating my company to him.
In the later years of his life he would sit on his back patio and look out over the well kept backyard that he and my grandmother spent years making sure was beautiful. As he would sit there often a hummingbird would come up and stare at him eye to eye before eventually flying away. This wasn't a one time thing but happened often. It never happened to anyone else but him.  He had that type of impact on everyone around him and truly has been an inspiration in my life.
I pay respect to him and all the others in my life that have influenced me in one way or another. Thus the name Hummingbird Photography!

Comments

Popular Posts