So...the other day we set up our Christmas tree. Its about all the Christmas we have in our house right now as we don't much of anything else at this point. MAYBE sometime...


While we were setting up the tree we had to trim a bit at the bottom. We stuck the branches near our front door and Dutchess decided she wanted to eat them again. She is a big fan of eating Christmas tree. I haven't figured out why yet. It kinda reminds me like she was moving in slow motion "Kinda like a cartoon - Kungfu Panda." It wouldn't surprise me if its just me being crazy.


This is my lovely wife. She was starting to get a bit cold and didn't really want me to take a picture of her. Can you tell? I still think she is way beautiful and glad she is such a great sport with all my photography.


Alanna and I went and took pictures a few weeks ago and weren't very impressed. I want to give her a calender for Christmas next year that has pictures of the both us (hopefully we'll have a little child by then...I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens).

Comments

Jen said…
Love that cat pic! Too funny! I also like the pics of you and Alanna. Did you do the whole timer thing? We are headed out to do our Christmas pictures tomorrow with my remote. Gonna be fun!
Mike Ketcham said…
Yeah...I loved that one of our cat. I've got a few others but I have to find them. I did the whole timer and run thing. I need to get a remote but am waiting to get some money first. I also need to get a few filters and more lenses but that'll come as I get money.
Talia Draper said…
Hi Michael! I think we went to highschool together. My name is Talia Staley Draper. Anyway, I found your blog from Jen's blog and thought I would say hi! I think your landscape photos are so so awesome! I too am an aspiring photographer. It will be fun to keep up on our progress as we get better and better and learn new things. Keep shooting! Oh, my photography blog is taliadraperphotography.blogspot.com if you wanted to check it out. See ya!
Mike Ketcham said…
Thank you Talia. I think your right about high school. That's sure been a while. I've just started my photography (only 3 months ago) and feel I've improved substantially. Thanks for the words of confidence on my work. I'm just about to get my business license (I haven't done anything for money yet...just fun). I've got a few friends who want me to take pictures of them and want to pay me to do it. I'm looking forward to it. Just curious...have you started charging anyone yet? If so..how much did you start out at? I'm trying to find a price to help my friend out at her wedding. I'm only taking a few pictures for memories for them after its over as it is small and they didn't want anything during the wedding. What would you think is a fair cost?

I went to your blog and am impressed. You are definitely good. Where do you usually go and shoot at? I'm always trying to find new places. I've added your blog to mine so I can easily link to it and continue watching your progress. I'm usually posting more often than this but the holidays and our new puppy kept me really busy for a bit. Keep the good pics coming!!!

Popular Posts