Trip to Oregon

So...last weekend Alanna and I drove up to the Oregon coast to get a break from things. It was great to get away. This first picture was taken on an overcast day around sunset. I wanted to get the sunset with the lighthouse but it didn't come. As we were driving away... I saw this spot at a break in the road and pulled over...walked back up to it and took the picture. I like the way the original looked but cropping out the remaining dark part at the bottom of the picture even added a better feeling to the picture. Besides I like the panoramic view better.


When we first got to the hotel at seaside the lady laughed at me when I said I hoped that the sun came out by sunset. I kept up hope and we drove to Cannon Beach to try and get som enice pictures. These are those pictures. I really enjoy the one of Alanna.


While I was waiting for the sun to go down I decided to take a few pictures of the shells and other things on the beach.


On the second day we went to Tillamook Cheese Factory (will post those picture another day) and then on south to Lincoln City. We came back along the scenic route along the coast and ended up at Cape Meares for the lighthouse (pictures are a little farther down). On the way back to the hotel we stopped back at this tree a second time (I loved it's look the first time on the way to tillamook cheese factory). The second picture is during the day and first was late. My tri-pod broke and I had to take many pictures to avoid camera shake on the first picture but the final picture turned out nice.



The next five pictures were taken while we were driving. The fog on the first three made me really want to stop...but we had a schedule to keep so I just took them from the car. Later I wanted the clear blue sky and green hillside. I couldn't stop so I just snapped a picture and I liked the way it turned out. The last picture with the sun was me deciding to test out the new star filter I had purchased so I would be better prepared the following night (at cannon beach).


So on the drive I found a tree farm. I stopped and took a few pictures and there was one tree that was different from the rest. I had other pictures and as well but somehow they didn't transfer to my computer and were deleted from the memory card. I'm still working on finding a way to get them back. If anyone knows how to restore pictures from a SD Card (not yet formatted or used since it was deleted) please let me know. I have a few pictures of Alanna and I that I want to restore as well.

Here is the lighthouse at Cape Meares. I was hoping that the sunset was going to be there but it was a very overcast day and could tell there was going to be no sunset. Alanna and I took a few pictures and then I took a few pictures of the lighthouse on it's own. I still have to go through the pictures of the two of us...and will post them later as well.

Comments

Jen said…
I had no idea that you guys got to go up to the Oregon Coast! Its so amazing huh? I wish I could live there. I love Seaside and Canon Beach. Gearheart is my absolute favorite though. Did you get to go to Mo's? And doesnt the Tillamook Cheese Factory smell so good. haha - lol. Im hoping that we can go back there sometime this year. My in-laws are moving to Utah so our trips to Oregon will be limited now. :( Awesome pics and Im glad you guys had fun!
Mike Ketcham said…
It was awesome to make it to the Oregon Coast. We are thinking of eventually moving up near there. Not for years though. The cheese factory does smell. I've got a few pictures from there but haven't yet had a chance to go through them. Didn't make it to Mo's? Never even heard of Gearheart...guess we'll have to look at that the next time. I've heard the best time of year to go there is end of sept through early nov. No wind and still warm without as many tourists.

Sucks to hear your trips will be limited. That's the way it goes sometimes. I bet you'll still make it up there though.

Popular Posts