sleep

I've had a hard time sleeping lately. I sometimes thinj about how much I could accomplish during the time I'm tossing and turning. I think about how much more I could read up and learn about my passion, photography. Sometimes I think I get this great idea to write a romantic letter to alanna letting her know how much I love her. But, nothing ever comes of it. I wonder what having a child will do to this. Will I be able to get up to take care of my son? Will I stay up and study? I know I'm going to have a lot of adjusting to do.

My biggest fear is that I won't be a good father. I guess fear can only push you to be better so I can't think of it as a bad thing. I am glad I have focused on photography over the past several years, it'll make sure I get the opportunity to have great memories captured in a great way. I hope my son gets more creative than me, I hope he is more talentted than me too. I'm sure that's what every parent hopes. Hopefully my son will love music like I do. When I can move the piano to my house, super heavy and no method of transport (or money for movers), I will make sure I start practicing again. Hopefully tthat inspiration will bring joy to my sons life. I can't wait to meet my son and move past the time of anticipation of his arrival. I can't wait to photograph him as a newborn and add that to my family wall. I'll post pix of the wall later. Enjoy life everyone!!!

Comments

kimber said…
Mike, you are such a great guy! I can tell you and your wife are going to make the best parents!! (And don't worry - pretty soon you'll have plenty to do in the middle of the night with that cute newborn!

I absolutely LOVE your blog. Your nature photography is to DIE for. Oh my goodness. The shots on the slide show at the top are absolutely incredible. You are incredibly talented. I don't know how you are finding time for photography with school, but it's paying off. You really do have a talent.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Mike Ketcham said…
Thanks kimber. Its been a struggle at times. Glad that its paying off. Maybe someday I'll really be able to market them and sell some prints. Good thing school is done in 6 months so I can focus. Love your work too! I get inspiration from many of the peas...you guys are great and I truly appreciate your support!

I sure do hope I'll be a good father...its truly scary right now, but when he comes I'm sure I'll be more comfortable after a few days.

Popular Posts